Sunday, August 14, 2011

Life 2011: Week 33




Monday, August 8, 2011


We spent time with my family today. My brother, Toby and his wife and 2 kids are moving to Tennessee where he got into a wonderful Masters program in Engineering. It's unlikely we will see him for the next couple of years, so it was good that we were all able to spend some time together. We went to see the Cars 2 movie (which we have seen 3 times now - unfortunately, Joey hasn't been able to see it yet) and then had a great family dinner at my house. We cooked some burgers and homemade fries and salads and hung around the yard visiting. I was sad my sisters couldn't be there - but it was fun to get a photo with just me and my brothers. I don't tell them enough - but I do love them and our family.


Tuesday, August 9, 2011


JJ got his braces today. He was so excited about it - not sure why, but I am glad he was so good about it. He only has top braces (only on the front 4 to start with and we'll move to all the way across). He will probably have to get bottom ones on a second phase after he gets all his permanent teeth. I'm grateful for insurance and the chance to make his teeth straighter. He was in a bit of pain today, but he is taking it really well. After getting his braces on and making a trip to the library, we traveled to Cody and Becki's house for the afternoon. We did a lot of visiting and playing. Grandpa and Grandma and Uncle Lane and Uncle Clint had to leave about 4:00 and then we visited a little longer before heading home too.


Wednesday, August 10, 2011


It was quite the emotional evening. Not sure what got into the kids, but before bedtime we had quite the emotional breakdown. Beth started worrying over everything and crying and needing lots of comfort. While JJ just couldn't stop giggling. It was quite the event, but I finally got them to calm down enough to go to sleep. I'm really worried about my Bethie - she is so emotional and anxiety-filled and I'm so sad that I handed down this horrible trait. I hope I can learn to work through my own anxiety and depression and so I can raise her in such a way that she will know how to control it.


Thursday, August 11
, 2011


We got to have tend Mallory for a few hours today. The kids loved it. We played toys and ate food, and played outside. I love this fun stage that Mallory is in and that she loves her Aunt DeDe. :) Its so fun to hear her say my name and to spend time with her. I hope I can always have a good relationship with her.


Friday, August 12, 2011


We have been awfully lazy this week. PJs almost all day for most days. I've been kind of strapped to my computer trying to get design work done. The kids have just played all day. I think we are all getting a little stir crazy and ready for school to start. We definitely need to have more structure in our lives. We did head over to JJ's school and see his class postings. He will have a new teacher this year so we're excited to meet her soon.


Saturday, August 13, 2011


Beth had her first soccer practice this morning. I'm feeling pretty good about this year - much better than last year. I think Beth is going to do better and I like that she is learning more already. Joey had to spend most of the day helping his brother move and the kids were way excited to have him home in the evening. I love how he can still handle having them climb all over him - though they are getting so big! (I accidentally deleted all the soccer photos and some other photos from my phone, so I'm a little bummed about that.)


Sunday, August 14, 2011


We've had a new system for cleaning JJ's teeth since he got braces and we've been so much better about keeping them clean. He was so excited about the little care kit he received at the Orthodontist's. JJ is pretty uncoordinated and so basically, I have had to take the initiative and brush his teeth really throughly. He has handled the braces so well and I'm proud of him.


And here is my weekly layout:

Coming Soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :