Thursday, July 21, 2011

Recipe Thursday - Banana Bread



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!
I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
We are Alton Brown fans, so when I needed to use up some ripe bananas, I had to try his version. Yummy! Alton likes to use the weight of things, so I am including that as well, in case you cook that way.


Banana Bread
by Alton Brown

Wet Works 1:
3-4 Overripe Bananas (340 g)
1 cup Sugar (210 g)

Dry Goods:
1 2/3 cup All Purpose Flour (220 g)
1/3 cup Oat Flour (35 g)
1 tsp Baking Soda (6 g)
1 tsp Salt (6 g)

Wet Works 2:
8 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled (113 g)
2 large eggs
1 tsp Almond Extract (6 g) - I just used vanilla

1 cup Nuts (optional)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and line with wax paper.

Combine the bananas and sugar and pix with a potato masher until smooth.

Combine the Wet Works 1 and the Wet Works 2 in separate bowls, then combine together.

Combine the Dry Goods with the Wet Works.

If using the nuts, then fold them into the batter now.

Pour batter into the pan.

Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until center registers 210 degrees and a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.

Allow to cool on stove top for 15 minutes then remove from pan and transer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before slicking.

Tightly wrap the bread and it will keep at room temperature for about 5 days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

1 comments :

HighDesertGal said...

okay, you did it...I'M HUNGRY! I especially love banana bread but I always forget to buy bananas because now he's allergic to them. Strange he at all kinds of banana's on his mission.
I love following your blog. Don't quit the Family History Tues. If I don't have time I wait til Sunday.
Thanks for sharing.