Thursday, June 16, 2011

Recipe Thursday - Crash Potatoes



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!
I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
Pioneer Woman is amazing and I'm always excited to try her stuff. I have had this one on my list for awhile. I had intended to use this as a side dish, just as it is on her site, but I ran out of time and decided to go ahead and make it a main meal by adding some meat....so you can do it either way!!!


Crash Potatoes
by Ree from Pioneer Woman

12 Whole New Potatoes (or other small round potatoes)
3 tablespoons Olive Oil
Kosher Salt to Taste
Black Pepper to taste
Rosemary (or other Herbs of Choice) to taste


** If you want to make it my way:
1 lb hamburger (or bacon or both)
Shredded Cheese

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in as many potatoes as you wish to make and cook them until they are fork-tender.

On a sheet pan, generously drizzle olive oil. Place tender potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving plenty of room between each potato.

With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes, rotate the potato masher 90 degrees and mash again. Brush the tops of each crushed potato generously with more olive oil.

Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and fresh chopped rosemary (or chives or thyme or whatever herb you have available.)

** Before putting it in the oven - I browned up my meat with my usual salt, pepper, garlic, and onion. Then I sprinkled the meat over the potatoes. Then I added the shredded cheese about 5 minutes before it was done! Then I served it with a salad and ranch dressing. The potatoes were even better dipping into ranch! Yummy!

Bake in a 450 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :