Thursday, May 26, 2011

Recipe Thursday - Swirl Cookies



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!
I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
Okay, yes, I made these for Christmas. But it is a great light cookie for all seasons. You can color these any color you want so it's great for anytime! Do this one with your kids - its fun!


Swirl Cookies
by gourmetmom from Quick Dish

1 pouch Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix (or make your own sugar cookie recipe)
1/3 cup butter
1 egg
1 Tablespoon flour
food coloring


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix, egg, flour and butter in medium mixing bowl. Mix until smooth. Or make your own cookie dough.

Divide dough into three sections. Tint each section with a few drops of your choice of food coloring.

On a lightly floured surface, roll out one section of dough into a 9" x 11" rectangle. Repeat with other sections.

Lay the three rectangles on top of each other and roll into a log.

Cut log into 1/2 inch slices with a very sharp knife.

Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 7-10 minutes until barely brown. Cool completely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :