Thursday, May 19, 2011

Recipe Thursday - Chicken Salad Sandwiches



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
We had these for our Easter Dinner. It is the perfect Spring/Summer meal! Love it!

Chicken Salad Sandwiches
by Freebies2Deals


**I totally forgot to take a picture when I made these - so this photo is taken from the site linked above.
1 cup Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Miracle Whip
1/4 teaspoon Thyme
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt
2 cans cooked chicken, or 2 chicken breasts poached and shredded
1/3 C. Celery or Red Grapes (or both) (I used 1/2 red and 1/2 green grapes)
(Slivered Almonds would also be great in this dish, about 1/4 Cup… although not required)
Rolls

In a large bowl mix mayo, miracle whip, thyme, garlic salt and lemon juice. Stir until fully combined. Cut approximately 25 grapes in half. Add them along with the Chicken, and slivered almonds to the mayo mixture. Gently mix. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Put a spoonful of chicken mixture on a roll and top with a some lettuce! Makes 24 sandwiches!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :