Sunday, May 15, 2011

Life 2011: Week 20




Monday, May 9, 2011


We have some new furry creatures at our house. For Easter, the kids got a Butterfly Garden and we sent away for some caterpillars. The kids are fascinated and I am too with the whole process from caterpillar to butterfly. We have been watching our cuties get bigger and bigger and soon we know the will go into their chrysalis. It has been a lot of fun and we will definitely have to send away for some more caterpillars and do this again!


Tuesday, May 10, 2011


JJ went on his yearly Fishing trip with his class today. This is the first time that either me or Joey couldn't go. They don't let you take younger siblings and Joey was crazy busy at work, so it just didn't work out this time. I felt bad, but I think JJ took it really well and had a great time. And of course he came home with a fish, but as he says, " Mom, let's just throw it away, I don't want to eat it." So that's what we did. :)


Wednesday, May 11, 2011


Crazy Spring weather. It goes from snowing to nice weather to rainy weather and nice weather again. It just can't make up its mind. But today it was nice so we picnic'd in the yard for dinner tonight.


Thursday, May 12
, 2011


As I said before, I'm completely hooked on audiobooks. I do love sitting down to a book, but sometimes you just don't have the time and now I can do work and still listen to a book. I was so busy designing and housework this week, that I was able to listen to a whole series - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I am so glad I got these! I have been in Panem all week and I can't seem to get away from thinking about this story. I got through all 3 books this week and I am about ready to listen to it again - but I might pull myself away and listen to something else. I didn't realize how drawn to these characters I would get. Thanks to my friend Amber who suggested these! Thank goodness that I didn't start reading these before they were all out - I don't think I could have taken the wait to find out what happens next.



Friday, May 13, 2011


My daughter loves dandelions. When they start springing up in the yard, she brings them in the house by the handful. She loves to bring them to me and unfortunately, I just don't have the love for them that she does. But as I took some pictures of the flowers in the yard this week, I took some closeups of the dandelions and realized they do have a beauty of their own. I suppose we all do. :)


Saturday, May 14, 2011


What a perfect day. It was full of sleeping in, lunch at home, movie theater to see Rio, ice cream at Farr's, a long nap, board games with Dad, dinner at Olive Garden, yummy cake from Tucano's for dessert, long bath/shower, staying up late, and listening to and dancing to music with Dad. A great day!


Sunday, May 15, 2011


Tonight's movie night was a favorite from Joey's childhood days, "Explorers", watched with lots of yummy popcorn. Then we ended the evening with a bedtime story. I hope the kids always remember these special family tradition moments.


And here is my weekly layout:

Coming Soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :