Thursday, April 28, 2011

Recipe Thursday - Resurrection Rolls



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!
I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
Okay, I know that I am completely late on this one. But I really had to share this before I forgot. So make sure you use it next year! This was the HIGHLIGHT of our Easter festivities this year. My kids LOVED IT! It was the perfect object lesson and it was just wonderful to share the Easter story with them. We did them before our church service and it was just a great way to start the day! We were all amazed how well this works and it will be an annual tradition for my family from here on out!


Resurrection Rolls
by Jennifer Schmidt from Balancing Beauty and Bedlam

1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
8 large marshmallows
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons white sugar


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F on lightly grease a baking sheet.

Separate crescent rolls into individual triangles. (I used 2 triangles per roll)

In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar.

Dip a marshmallow into melted butter, then roll in sugar mixture. Place marshmallow into the center of a dough triangle. Carefully wrap the dough around the marshmallow. Pinch the seams together very tightly to seal in the marshmallow as it melts. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat.

Bake in a preheated oven until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.


Make sure you seal the seams really well. If you don’t, the marshmallow will ooze out the sides, which is just fine in our home. You have the option of making the rolls bigger by using two crescent roll, but still use one marshmallow. This way, the marshmallow won’t come out at all. Have the kids play around with making these. On some of them we wanted the empty tomb effect, so we left a little part of the roll open but made sure the side had a little lip to contain the melted mallow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :