Thursday, April 21, 2011

Recipe Thursday - Chicken 'n Stuffing in the Crockpot



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
Here is another wonderful crockpot and comfort food recipe! Is there anything better than having dinner cook all day and you just have to serve it up at dinnertime?


Chicken 'n Stuffing in the Crockpot
by Diana Rattray from About.com


4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4 slices of Swiss Cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup (if you follow me regularly - you know that my family likes extra sauce, so we pretty much double the soup every time)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup chicken broth (I used 2 cups)
1/4 cup milk
2 to 3 cups Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing Mix (I'm a stovetop stuffing girl so that's what I used.)
1/2 cup melted butter
salt and pepper to taste

Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; place chicken breasts crock pot. Pour chicken broth over chicken breasts. Put one slice of Swiss cheese on each breast. Combine both cans of soup and milk. Cover chicken breasts with soup mixture. Sprinkle stuffing mix over all. Drizzle melted butter on top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :