Thursday, March 17, 2011

Recipe Thursday - Oreo Pie/Dirt Dessert



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!
I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
This dessert is not original at all, but it is one of my families' very very favorites. There are 2 ways to make this - as a whole pie or as an individual dessert. It's so delicious and gets requests a lot from my family/friends.


Oreo Pie / Dirt Dessert

Package of Oreos
2 pkgs Chocolate Pudding Mix
Whip Cream (fresh cream is the best)
Gummy Worms
Cream Cheese, softened (optional)

Put oreos in a food processor and blend until the cookies are a very fine texture. Mix up the pudding mix according to the package directions.

For whole pie (for a 9x13 pan):
1st layer - put 1/2 the oreos on the bottom of the pan and pour 1/2 of the pudding mix on top. Let it set. Add a thin layer of cream cheese over the top of the pudding (optional). 2nd Layer - add more cookies and pudding. Let set. Cover with Whip Cream and sprinkle with leftover cookie crumbs.

For individual dessert (in cups):
Layer oreos on bottom of a cup - add some pudding and then more oreos. Put Gummy worms on top - you can also stick them in the "dirt" with just a little sticking out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

1 comments :

Stater said...

That pie looks yummy... I'll have to try that!

Thanks for sharing.