Sunday, March 27, 2011

Life 2011: Week 13




Monday, March 21, 2011


When JJ came home from school today, the only thing he had to say was, "Mom, I thought it was supposed to be SPRING!" Yep, we got rain and even a tiny bit of snow on the first day of Spring.


Tuesday, March 22, 2011


I am excited about the daily lessons that we have been having every weekday. I feel like it has been a learning process for me and the kids. We miss a day here and there - but mostly we have been pretty faithful since I started it. The kids look forward to it - after dinner they always say, "So what's our lesson today?" This week we have been discussing the 10 Commandments and these little movies have been a big help!


Wednesday, March 23, 2011


This week since the weather has not been good - we have kind of been shut in - but it has actually been good. I have gotten a lot of cleaning done. Today, I finally broke down and cleaned up Joey's desk area. He was not enthused, as he enjoys his mess and now he says he can't find anything, but for now - it looks really good. I also got our DVDs organized.


Thursday, March 24
, 2011



We've been having some chilly weather this week and lots of moisture. I actually have kind of enjoyed it. I'm really not looking forward to hot weather - but a little chilly and not too cold - is nice. While the kids were in school, I was able to go to Provo and meet my parents and have lunch with them before they picked my brother up from his FCCLA trip. They were on their way to Logan to get Lane ready for college in the fall and to visit with my other brother and his family.



Friday, March 25, 2011


I was able to go on a field trip with Beth today. I was in charge of 4 girls and we had a fun time. We traveled through the SNOW to BYU to the Bean Museum. It is such a fun place. We saw the reptile show and then the kids got to wander around the museum, seeing all the animals. Then we traveled back to school in more snow before getting home. Then of course in the afternoon the weather turned great and the snow was pretty much gone by the end of the day. Crazy Spring weather!


Saturday, March 26, 2011


Joey stayed at Pete's house last night after they did their podcast. They were so excited to meet one of their listeners and have him on the podcast last night. For lunch, the kids and I traveled up to Salt Lake City and met Joey, Pete, and Listener Jim (and his family) for lunch. We ate at a great Italian restaurant and had a great visit. Jim has twin girls and they were adorable. They are on their way across country to move to South Carolina and it was so great for them to stop in Utah to see us!

Then we came home. My parents and beat us there and the kids were so excited to see them. Because of bad weather, they decided to stay the night and we all went to see Tangled in 3D. Cody and Becki joined us and it was fun to go to a movie. 3D movies are not our favorites - we would definitely rather watch the regular version but since we went to the dollar theaters that's all they had going. I was amazed that my kids kept the glasses on the whole time. But we love the movie!

Sunday, March 27, 2011


We know Grandpa and Grandma have been here when we have to pull the air mattress out. Unfortunately, the mattress died on us this morning so it looks like we are going to have to get a new one. But it has lasted us for about 4 years! We were sad to see Grandpa, Grandma and Uncle Lane leave today, but we'll see them next weekend too!


And here is my weekly layout:


I used Manuela Zimmerman's It's a Rainy Day, Dawn Inskip's Rainy Days and Mondays, & Maya's Wetlook Alpha to create my layout.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :