Thursday, February 17, 2011

Recipe Thursday - Uptown Joes



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!
I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
For a few months, some friends and I organized a Dinner Exchange Group. It was so nice to exchange some dinners to put in the freezer and pull out when you didn't want to cook! This is a recipe that one of my friends shared and it was delicious! It has replaced our Manwich sloppy joes!


Uptown Joes
by Sabrina Woosley

2 lbs Ground Round 
(We just used regular hamburger)
2 Cups Ketchup

1/2 cup Dijon mustard

1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup sugar
 (sometimes this can be too sweet - so I think you can cut down on the sweetness a little)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar

6 to 8 hamburger buns

 (We just used our regular wheat bread, untoasted)

Brown the meat. Mix the remaining ingredients in small bowl, then add to the meat. Simmer 10 minutes. If freezing pour into a labeled 1-quart freezer bag and freeze.

 Thaw, heat, and serve on toasted buns.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :