Sunday, February 13, 2011

Life 2011: Week 7




Monday, February 7, 2011


So for Family Home Evening we had made plans to visit the Mt. Timpanogas Temple. Unfortunately, a storm was blowing in at about the time we were going to leave. The kids really wanted to still do it, so we got in our church clothes and braved the foggy, snowy, and wind blowing storm to the temple. I guess there's probably something to say about braving a storm to go to the temple right? Anyways, so we got to the parking lot of the temple, and we stayed inside while reading our daily scriptures and talking about the importance of the temple. I'm glad we did it. Then on our way home, we stopped by the library for a fun little puppet show.


Tuesday, February 8, 2011


This year, one of my goals has been to find more teaching moments with my kids. I have been doing small daily lessons on the weekdays. Just simple little gospel principles and/or stories from the scriptures. In Primary, we are learning the song, "Scripture Power" and for tonight's lesson we sang it several times, in hopes that the kids are finally learning the words. I love this little song and its a delight to see the kids holding up their Scriptures and of course the song has been in our heads ever since.

Scripture Power, keeps me safe from sin
Scripture Power, is the power to win
Scripture Power, every day I need
The Power that I get each time I read


Wednesday, February 9, 2011


I have been following a blog lately that has the most incredible ideas for doing girls hair. I am not very skilled in doing Beth's hair, and I have been reading this blog in awe of all the fun things that you can do. I finally read one this week that I thought I could actually do and it turned out so cute. We have been putting Beth's hair in hearts all week!


Thursday,
February 10, 2011


The kids school has been having all kinds of fun reading adventures this year. The school is in a contest right now with the Jazz and Scholastic and so it has been fun to have that extra motivation to read. Tonight we joined the school for "Reading with a Hero." Some police officers, firefighters, and paramedics came to read some of their favorite stories. It was a lot of fun!


Friday, February 11, 2011


I have been finding Beth reading all over the house this week. It has been so exciting to finally see the light ignite under her about reading. After our library trip, we have new books to read, and it has been so fun to see her with a book in her hands and the stories coming out of her mouth.


Saturday, February 12, 2011


After some more cleaning this week, some party paper plates and bowls were found that the kids just had to use today. It's amazing what will bring delight to kids!


Sunday, February 13, 2011


We finally got the kids' Valentines done tonight. I realize that the 3D lollipop with photo is not at all original - but that's what we did this year. They turned out cute and the kids loved it!


And here is my weekly layout:


I used my contribution to the All My Love - My Creative Life February 2011 Mega Kit to create this layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

1 comments :

Pumpy said...

The hair hearts are most attractive.