Sunday, February 6, 2011

Life 2011: Week 6




Monday, January 31, 2011


Beth was still sick today so she had to stay home and she was not thrilled, but she got to watch movies all day so that was fun for her. We had to finalize our order for Girl Scout Cookies. We only sold 67 boxes, but for our first year, I guess that was okay. We turned it in and Beth was happy about it, so yay. For Family Home Evening, I gave the kids a dice and we got in the car and tried to make it to the temple. At every stop sign/light, the kids would take turns rolling the dice and we would turn left for an odd number and right for a even number. And amazingly enough we actually got close enough to see the temple, but of course we didn't make it there. But the point was that to get to the temple, we need to not leave it up to chance. We have to plan and live accordingly. I think the kids really enjoyed the lesson. We made a plan to visit the temple grounds next week.


Tuesday, February 1, 2011


Beth was doing better, but we decided to let her stay home one more day. I started the project of organizing the rest of my room today. I was hoping to have it done last week so I could work on the rest of the house, but it looks like this organizing and decluttering is going to take me all week.


Wednesday, February 2, 2011


Beth was so happy to return to school today. It was Parent-Teacher Conferences this week and tonight I visited with each of the kids' teachers and they are both improving and doing well. JJ will now have more homework every night which will probably be a good step. Besides that Beth can be extremely silly and a bit too loud in class - she is doing well.


Thursday,
February 3, 2011


Beth and I got to have lunch with JJ at the school today and then we went to the Book Fair. The kids got to pick out 2 books each and they were so excited to have new books. It was so much fun to hear Beth read one of her book all day and the rest of the week. She was so excited that she could read a whole book by herself!


Friday, February 4, 2011


Beth got to go to her friend's Princess Valentine Party today after school and she had so much fun. The 8 little princesses got to make crowns and exchange valentines and eat cupcakes. They all had such a great time and I love that Beth has these great friends in the neighborhood.


Saturday, February 5, 2011


Today was a day of cleaning and organizing and projects. I finally finished cleaning up my bedroom. We got new storage drawers and it was great to finally have a good place for the kids clothes and get everything squared away. I still have a ways to go, but made some good progress this week on simplifying and organizing. Other housework and house projects and breakfast for dinner completed our day!


Sunday, February 6, 2011


For Family Movie Night we watched The Great Mouse Detective and popcorn is always so much fun while we watch movies together. I didn't feel well today and so I didn't make it to church - unfortunately, I wasn't even up to getting the kids ready, so we all stayed home today. Joey was good to do dinner and take care of the kids all day.


And here is my weekly layout:


I used the Shabby Princess' Promise Collection to create this layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :