Thursday, January 27, 2011

Recipe Thursday - Cheesy Italian Chicken



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!
I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
This was a fun meal for the kids to help with! You can put it all in a ziploc bag and have the kids mix it! And its easy to clean up too!


Cheesy Italian Chicken
by Mandy from Gourmet Mom on-the-Go

1 gallon ziploc bag
1 1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins (I actually just used boneless, skinless chicken - cut up)
1 cup Italian salad dressing
8 ounces cream cheese
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup milk
1 medium orange bell pepper, chopped (I actually added a bit of red, orange, and yellow)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 cups cooked pasta or rice (I used small shells - but you could use anything)
1 cup chopped tomatoes (optional, for garnish)
Fresh parsley (optional, for garnish)

** I actually topped it with grated cheese


Gather all your ingredients and place in a ziploc bag.

Now for the fun! Let the kids mix, mash, and get everything combined.

To bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 45-55 minutes until chicken is tender and no longer pink.

Serve over rice or pasta. Garnish with chopped tomatoes and parsley, if desired.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :