Sunday, January 30, 2011

Life 2011: Week 5



Monday, January 24, 2011


We got a small snowstorm this week. It can just be so pretty to see the world covered up and all the mistakes hidden. It feels like a time of evaluating and making changes and just starting over.

Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home. ~Edith Sitwell



Tuesday, January 25, 2011


JJ ended up having a high fever all night and had the beginnings of a cold. And since it snowed and I didn't want to drive in it today - Beth stayed home from school as well. We had a pajama and movie day. I felt so sad for my little buddy. He still wasn't feeling well in the evening, but we didn't want him to miss the Pinewood Derby, so we went any way. JJ's Colts Car did great and he won 1st place from the Wolves den. He had a great time, and I'm glad we didn't make him miss it. Today was his last activity as a Wolf...he will go into the Bears den tomorrow.


Wednesday, January 26, 2011


Happy 9th Birthday to my JJ! He had another bad night and still wasn't at his best today. But he felt so badly that he was sick on his birthday. So we decided he could go to school for half of a day so he could still have his little party at school. We made dirt dessert to share with his classmates and he got to do a little show-and-tell of his favorite things and watch a little bit of "How to Train a Dragon." After my crop tonight, we let him open his gifts - he got an awesome Toy Story 3 Train Lego Set and some other legos. He was so excited about having an Ice Cream Cake this year. I'm glad he had a good day, even though he was sick.


Thursday,
January 27, 2011


JJ was still sick today, so he stayed home again. After we took Beth to school, we spent time building his Train. It was a fun project to do together and I enjoyed having just one-on-one time with him. After we picked Beth up from school, both kids spent all evening playing with legos. It was great to see JJ share with his sister.


Friday, January 28, 2011


We kept JJ home one more day. This is our regular after school activity - Beth doing her homework and JJ watching some TV for some down time. Beth went to bed with a fever and coughing, so it looks like she is sick now.


Saturday, January 29, 2011


I got to go to our niece's baby shower today. Alicia looks beautiful and even though she has had a really rough pregnancy, I feel very happy for her. She only has 10 weeks left before her little boy, Brody will join their family. Alicia and her sister, Chelea just hold a very special place in my heart. It was good to visit with both of them and Tina.

We took JJ to celebrate his birthday tonight and we were excited that Cody, Becki and Mallory came with us. ARRRG MATEY! We went to Pirate Island and ate food and played in the arcade. The kids had a great time!


Sunday, January 30, 2011


Beth had an awful night of fever and coughing and JJ had a bit of a fever still too. So the kids stayed home from church today with Joey. It was my turn to give the lesson in primary and it actually went really well. I always love lessons on the Prophet Joseph. Joey was wonderful tonight and made dinner so I didn't have to. We had frozen pizzas and chicken nuggets - the kids loved it. I sure hope they get better soon.


And here is my weekly layout:


I used my contribution to the Digitals Cupcake Couture Kit to create this layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :