Sunday, January 23, 2011

Life 2011: Week 4



Monday, January 17, 2011


Evenings this week (for JJ and Joey) are dedicated to getting their pinewood derby car done. I can't believe its that time already. Today JJ and Beth didn't have school and Joey didn't have to work, so they got started and made some good headway on their "Colts" car. With some excess paint - Joey was showing the kids about mixing colors.


Tuesday, January 18, 2011


Beth and I finally used her "free kids meal" at Del Taco today. She earned it with being Student of the Week in November, but we finally got around to taking her there for lunch today. We had fun chatting - just the two of us. Beth loves "crinkley fries" and she even got a fun tree-shaped one!


Wednesday, January 19, 2011


I've spent a lot of time this week, procrastinating the house cleaning and everything else, trying to get my SCRIPTURE HEROEZ done. Unfortunately, I haven't made much headway in that either. But we did have some wonderful news today. Kori had her baby boy this afternoon. Tammy was able to visit the hospital tonight and send us a little picture and it was so fun to see him. We all can't wait to travel down and hold him. We are so glad he arrived safely!


Thursday,
January 20, 2011


Beth had to tell a story in her class today. She was allowed to have pictures/props but no words to read. She has been practicing hard and we have really enjoyed the picture book, "The Red Book." She was excited to share it with the class and she said that it went well!


Friday, January 21, 2011


We were excited to have Mallory come over and visit with us for a couple of hours tonight. We always love having her here and it was fun to see her play. I can't believe how big she is getting! She's a doll and the kids love to play with her! It was definitely a highlight of our week to have her here.


Saturday, January 22, 2011


We went to the Winter Palooza today! The kids got to meet up with some of their favorite characters - Spiderman and Cinderella! They got to play on the awesome bounce houses, play in the game trailer, Beth got her nails done, and we wandered around the fun booths. It was a fun activity to get away from the house for awhile! We went to lunch at Olive Garden and it was just fun to spend time together. After we got back home, we just played some Wii and took a long nap. Joey and JJ had to go to the Pinewood Derby Car Weigh-in and they got that done before Joey had to go back to work to solve some problems he was having. It was a good day.


Sunday, January 23, 2011


It felt like a pretty crappy week, even though there was some good highlights. Joey and I both just had a hard week with our work stuff and getting things completed. It all kind of blew up in my face tonight - literally. At about 1am - our water heater decided that it was not going to shut off by itself and it got too hot and it sent all the pressure, steam, and water out of our closet and into my bedroom where I was working. Joey was still at work and I just kind of panicked. I couldn't get a hold of him and I couldn't find a flashlight. I finally had to resort to using the flashlight app on my phone and crawl under the trailer to turn the water off. After that, I pretty much called it quits on my computer stuff and went to bed. When we got up this morning, we had no water pressure so we had to use my heat embosser to defrost some of the pipes. I guess it was a good thing we have the 2-5pm Church schedule this year. We were able to get that all worked out and still have showers and get to church. I sure hope next week is a better one!


And here is my weekly layout:


I used JK Designs' Snow Drift & Frosty Chill to create this layout! If you haven't checked out the My Creative Life at ScrapDelicious. You really need to! It has some really valuable Project 365 Information and I'm excited to be using it this year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :