Monday, August 30, 2010

Life 365: Week 35

Monday, August 23, 2010


A nightly ritual for Joey and the kids include the "burrito." They can choose from regular sized or "big" bean or cheese burrito and they get all tucked in with their blankets. And then just for good measure - Joey adds "rice" which includes a good tickle! The kids love it!


Tuesday, August 24, 2010


This afternoon the kids got to go to the school and meet their new teachers for this year. They were able to tour their classrooms and visit with their teachers. They look forward to having Mrs. Hokanson and Mrs. Graham as their teachers!


Wednesday, August 25, 2010


The big day has arrived. JJ's first day of school. He was so excited to have his new backpack and new school clothes and get to ride the bus again this year! He had a great first day and was all smiles when he got home!


Thursday,
August 26, 2010


Today, I wasn't feeling so good. Have some kind of bug that makes me dizzy and headachy and cold. So I was kind of out of it all day. Towards the afternoon I was doing better so we headed off to the school for Beth's Kindergarten assessment. She did really well and we're all set now for her to start next week. It was definitely a pizza night and a $5 pizza from Little Caesars was just perfect. After the kids were in bed and I started catching up on Facebook, I learned of a tragedy in Orderville. My second cousin, Brian Harris, a Kane County Deputy Sheriff was shot and killed in the line of duty. It was such a shock and for the rest of the night I was reading articles about it and praying for his family. I just can't believe that this has happened.



Friday, August 27, 2010


It rained off and on today and at dusk we headed outside for a little running and dancing in the rain. The kids were so cute about it and I had to capture some of their delight.



Saturday, August 28, 2010


At the beginning of the week, my dryer died and today Joey and Clark headed over to a store to pick us up a used dryer. It works great and I really appreciate the devices we have in our lives! You don't really notice how much you depend on something when you don't have it! Yay for clean laundry again!


Sunday, August 29, 2010


I finally broke down and bought an expensive electric razor for Joey and convinced him to use it. He has been on blood thinners for his blood clots and has been unable to shave using his regular blades. So for 6 months or so - he has worn a shaggy beard - but off it came today and I love that I can see his handsome face again! Thanks honey.

They held a candlelight vigil in Orderville today for Brian. I feel so badly that I live so far away from my hometown now and was unable to make it. It has been such a tough thing for our community but its so nice that they have rallied around the Harris' and are in it together. I really hope they catch the guy who did this and I pray that the family will be okay.


And here is my weekly layout:
coming soon

I used my to create this layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :