Thursday, June 24, 2010

Recipe Thursday - Beef Stroganoff



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
I usually just make stroganoff with hamburger, but I had some stew meat and bacon in the freezer that I needed to use, so I decided to try to make it with stroganoff and see how it turned out! I loved it! My daughter had THIRDS and she usually barely finishes her first serving! My husband thinks it is a completely different meal than our usual "poor-man's" stroganoff - so I think it will definitely be something we make a lot at my house!


Beef Stroganoff
by DeDe Smith

1 lb Stew Meat
Flour
1/2 package Bacon
Seasonings - Salt, Pepper, Mrs. Dash, Season Salt
4 oz Heavy Cream
1 cup of Beef Broth
2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup
16 oz Sour Cream
2 cups Milk
Egg Noodles


I put the stew meat in a ziploc bag of flour and covered each piece. Then I put it in a skillet with the bacon, seasoning, and a little bit of butter and slowly browned it.

Then I added the cream and beef broth and simmered it for about 25 minutes on low heat.

Then add Cream of Mushroom soup, sour cream, and milk and simmer while you boil the egg noodles. Put sauce over the egg noodles and serve!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :