Thursday, May 20, 2010

Recipe Thursday - Peanut Butter Blossoms



Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you!
I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


This week's Recipe:
When I was in college, my friend Amber made these cookies several times for us and I've always loved them. I've actually never made peanut butter cookies and I decided it was time to change that - especially when I saw a recipe online that used chocolate chips instead of the traditional Hershey Kisses on top. I rarely have Hershey Kisses in the house - but I always have chocolate chips (and peanut butter) - so it was just an easy fix and I'm done!

Another first for me and another thing I have always said I was going to do - is that I tripled the recipe and then rolled half of the dough up in plastic wrap - placed it in a Ziploc bag and stuck it in my freezer. Now when I get a hankering for some cookies, but don't really want to spend time making them - I can just take them out of the freezer - thaw it out a little and slice it up and cook them. I don't know why I didn't do this before - I'm definitely doing it everytime I make cookies now!

**I think the only thing I will change the next time I make this recipe is add a little more moisture and not so much flour - they were just a little too dry for my tastes!


Peanut Butter Blossoms
by Shandra from Deals to Meals

1 bag milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup shortening - I used the butter flavored shortening
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt


Heat oven to 350°F.

Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add dry ingredients into peanut butter mixture. Add chocolate chips to dough.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Put cookies on a cookie sheet.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Don't forget to smoosh the cookies down! Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack Cool completely. About 2 dozen cookies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :