Sunday, May 16, 2010

Life 365: Week 20

Monday, May 10, 2010


I still wasn't feeling very well today, but JJ seemed just fine, so the kids went to school. I didn't accomplish very much. It ended up being a rough evening. I burned the corn chowder and the kids were fighting and having a bit of a hard time. But at least my rolls turned out good. I don't think I will be having corn chowder again anytime soon - I ended up being up all night and throwing up in the bathroom.


Tuesday, May 11, 2010


Last night was completely exhausting. I haven't been that sick in a long time. Today wasn't any better. I didn't eat a thing all day and still felt so sick. But the kids and Joey were fine. Joey got to go on a field trip with JJ and they went to Fishing Day at Salem Pond. The wonderful community puts it on every year for all the special needs kids. They get to fish and have lunch and they bring home a fish and a fun hat. This is JJ's second year and I went with him last year. I'm glad Joey got to go with him this year.


Wednesday, May 12, 2010


On the mend but still not feeling real great. After school today, Beth and I spent a long time playing with her ponies and princesses. She loves it when I take the time to play with her and I need to remember to enjoy these little moments more.


Thursday,
May 13, 2010


Beth has discovered that if she sleeps on her braids and when they are dry, she gets curly hair! So I've been practicing french braids on her and I'm getting better!


Friday, May 14, 2010


It was Beth's last Show-and-Tell at school today and she wanted to do something special. So we made some flower red velvet cookies and she gave them to her class. Everyone loved it!


Saturday, May 15, 2010


A very laid-back Saturday! The kids played all day and Joey watched them while I got to catch up on some rest. Then we played and did puzzles and watched movies and worked on computers. I finally took advantage of a gift certificate that I won at Christmastime for a photo that I took of my kids and got a Fandango gift certificate. So we used some of it tonight and we got Aaron to come over and watch the kids (they were in bed for the night anyways) and Joey and I went to a movie. We saw Letters to Juliet and I really enjoyed it! It was nice to go out with Joey - we haven't done that lately.


Sunday, May 16, 2010


I taught the Sunbeams class today and it was good to finally make it back to church. Since we finished The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia) last week, we decided we needed to watch the movie for Family Movie Night. Our tradition is to watch half the movie - have an intermission and do dinner and then watch the last half of the movie. The kids loved Narnia and I can't wait to read more of the books with them! Joey was great and volunteered to cook dinner and he made some lion head pancakes with scrambled eggs for the manes. He also tried his hand out at some other shapes too. He spelled out the kids names, he did an I Heart You pancake for me and a colts pancake for himself. But my favorite one that he did was a hidden Mickey pancake. So very cool!



And here is my weekly layout:


I used my (and Georgia's) SISTERS BY HEART & DIGITAL 365 to create this layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

1 comments :

Angela Toucan said...

I love the Narnia films, sounds like a fun week