Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wednesday Sayings - 4/7/10



Each Wednesday, I am going to be sharing a quote/saying with you!
I decided to add one more addition to my blog! I hope you will enjoy it! I am a collector of quotes/sayings/scrapbook titles, etc. and I love to hear new ones! So, each week, I will share a quote/saying with you that I hope will inspire you and make your day a little better!

If you have any great quotes/sayings - feel free to send them in to me at dedesmith32@gmail.com - I would love to use them!


Over the weekend, I saw this quote on a friend's blog and it just really inspired me!

"I don’t want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk’s lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor’s children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone’s garden. I want to be there with children’s sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

1 comments :

Cherbear said...

Nice quote and so true! Thank you for sharing it!