Sunday, February 28, 2010

Life 365: Week 9

Monday, February 22, 2010


I spent all early afternoon getting Beth registered for Kindergarten. I still can't believe she is going to Kindergarten next year. Because Foothill Elementary isn't our area school (since JJ was placed there for his special class) - I had to get signatures from our area school so it just took awhile.


Tuesday, February 23, 2010


It was JJ's first Blue and Gold Dinner for Scouts and this marked the Scouts' 100th Birthday so it was pretty special. JJ helped me make a fun cake that we entered into the cake contest and he got the Most Festive Cake Award. They got to play games and have a pizza dinner and we got to watch a wonderful Indian hoop dancer! A fun night!


Wednesday, February 24, 2010


I have come to really love Freecycle.org. I have gotten rid of a few things that have become useful to others and have gotten things myself. Today, I got an awesome Toaster Oven! So cool and its FREE!


Thursday,
February 25, 2010


I got out my manual plastic binding machine and we made some heart and star books out of construction paper. The kids really enjoyed getting to draw and color in them!


Friday, February 26, 2010


It was kind of a downer week for me this week. Just everyday and design struggles got the best of me this week and left me kind of down. But after some amazing emails from Amy and from a new friend, Tristi, and from my visiting teachers, I just felt lifted up. And it became even better today when Tristi emailed me letting me know that both of us were featured in the Mormon Times, since we had both blogged about our experience of getting to know each other a bit better. So fun!


Saturday, February 27, 2010


We donated some of our books to a special company who is giving books to Africa to encourage literacy. It was fun going through all of our books and having the kids help pick out some that they don't read anymore. I hope that the kids are learning a bit about service and sharing.


Sunday, February 28, 2010


We have decided to start reading books with our kids. I've never really had a good schedule of reading to the kids and so I really wanted to get this started. We are starting with the first book in the Chronicles of Narnia and we have read the first couple of chapters so far. The kids seem to enjoy it so I hope they get a lot out of it.


And here is my weekly layout:


I used my DIGITAL 365 to create this layout!


And here is my February Layout:


COMING SOON.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

1 comments :

Tristi Pinkston said...

I like how you take highlights from the week and put them together like that - journal-keeping with pictures. :)