Sunday, December 6, 2009

Project 365: Week 49

Monday, November 30, 2009


For Family Home Evening tonight we put up our Christmas tree. It's just a small 4 1/2 foot tall artificial tree, but it works nicely in our little trailer. We put it up on a storage bucket and it works great. I love blue and silver together and so once again we used the same decorations we have had for years for our blue/white/silver tree. The kids had so much fun putting the ornaments on too. And for the first time in 5 years, I put out my Precious Moments Nativity. The kids were young and I was afraid they would break them and I haven't really had a place to put it so I haven't put it out. But this year, it worked great under the tree on the storage box and the kids seem to stay away from it - and so it's there. I'm so glad - I have missed it and it really reminds me of the real reason for Christmas. For the FHE lesson we talked about the 2nd Article of Faith and started memorizing it. I'm so proud of my kids for getting the 1st one down!


Tuesday, December 1, 2009


I can't believe it is December 1st already and the weather has really started to feel like winter is coming! Beth has even broke out her heavier coat, gloves and hat! She thinks it is time for it snow! :)


Wednesday, December 2, 2009


Another one of those special moments where the kids were playing so good together and even sharing the chair as they watched a movie before bed. I so love it when they are good to one another!


Thursday,
December 3, 2009


My kids are definitely ready for Christmas to be here already and the season is just starting. I know they are dreaming of lots of presents, but I hope I can instill in them the real reason for Christmas.

Tonight Joey and I went to see The Blind Side and it was an amazing story. I loved the movie and I loved being with my hubby.


Friday, December 4, 2009


The kids wrote their very first letters to Santa today. I helped them spell the words but they each wrote it all by themselves. So cute!


Saturday, December 5, 2009


My beautiful new niece was born today. Cody and Becki did really well! Mallory Marie Sorensen was born at 5:16pm and weighed 5 lbs 13 oz and 19 inches tall. She is so tiny, so sweet and has us all wrapped around her little finger already. I was able to spend a few minutes with Cody and Becki this afternoon before she was born (running some errands for them and taking Cody some lunch) and then later after the kids were in bed I was able to go over to the hospital and hold little Mallory. I can't wait for my kids to meet their new little cousin! And yes Mallory - you have made me baby hungry tonight!


Sunday, December 6, 2009


The kids and I were able to go over to the hospital tonight so that the kids could meet Mallory. They loved being able to hold her and give her kisses. Uncle Cody and Aunt Becki have been so wonderful to JJ & Beth. They are definitely their favorite Aunt/Uncle right now and so this was an extra special time that we got to spend with them at the hospital. I knew Beth would be so excited about her new cousin, but I was very pleasantly surprised to see JJ's reaction. He was so cute with Mallory and I can really tell that these 2 want a new baby in the family. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

3 comments :

Ajila said...

DeDe, your Christmas tree and Nativity are beautiful. Once again, I really enjoyed your 365 pics. You have such a lovely family. You are blessed. Thank you so much for sharing and leaving you some love.

Angela Toucan said...

fabulous ooking nativity set

Stater said...

Nothing like a lite tree... love that shot.