Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Project 365: Week 34

Monday, August 17, 2009


I'm so excited about the new look on my blog! I didn't even know what I was missing until I happened to find some inspiration/instruction on how to update the look on your blog and started playing! It just feels so "me" and I'm so glad that I did this!


Tuesday, August 18, 2009


I love the wonderful moments when my kids are just so sweet together. They were playing so well together today and I pulled out my camera to watch them play through my lenses. I was so happy when they decided to give each other a hug - so precious!


Wednesday, August 19, 2009


JJ had a hard time keeping his excitement in today. Tomorrow school is going to start! He had to be sure he was ready and got his backpack, shoes, and his clothes put out by his bed. We did laundry and cleaned up the house today as well as begin our nighttime schedule for the school year with baths, scriptures, reading stories, and prayers.


Thursday, August 20, 2009



Morning came bright and early, but JJ was ready. He was so excited and it didn't take very long to be ready. We spent quite a lot of time outside on our porch, waiting for the bus!!! He came home with a big smile on his face and said that school was great!


Friday, August 21, 2009


I really love that JJ gets picked up and dropped off right at our doorstep everyday. It's a wonderful blessing to not have to actually get dressed and out the door so early to take him somewhere. And I really love seeing the delight on JJ's face as he climbs on and off the bus!


Saturday, August 22, 2009


We woke early and headed down to Grandma and Grandpa Smith's house for an overnight stay. It was nice to be there and we got lots of time to visit. JJ and Beth LOVED playing with their cousins, Logan and Alyssa and it was fun to see them play so good together. They got to draw pictures and play with all of Logan's toys. Joey and I got to play the Wii for a long time and it was really fun to do that together!


Sunday, August 23, 2009

It was a long weekend, but we made it through. I can honestly say that I am so grateful for HOME. We may not own our own house, we might have an old broken down van, but it's still HOME because Joey and I and our kids are together and I am so grateful for a husband who works so incredibly hard all the time to give us what we have. Life isn't always perfect and I can't help but dream of a house and a nice car and other things - but I'll take what I can get and be grateful for my life with my family and all the adventures that it brings. Alongside Joey and my children, I am HOME and it's where I belong. One of our family's favorite songs and kind of our family's motto is by Laurie Berkner, "We're not perfect, no we're not. We're not perfect, but we've got what we've got. We do our very best, we do our very best, we do our very best each day. But we're not perfect, and we hope you like us that way."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

4 comments :

Angela Toucan said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your new blog look DeDe, I think it's fabulous.

I'm starting to get boared of mine again so I'll get busy on it one day

Ginger said...

Oh, this is such a sweet post about your family. We should all be grateful for what we have....thanks for the reminder!

Valery said...

Thanks for posting that! It really made me feel better about the trials I'm going through. I always thought everyone in our scrapgirls group was well off in gorgeous expensive houses with really nice cars, and I always feel so out of place. Feels good to know there is someone just like me out there!

P.S. REALLY..thanks for ALL your help. I decided not to do the blog thing because after talking to someone who knew alot about taxes, I didn't want the hassle of it. It seemed like it wasa going to be a lot of work and hard too. Hopefully I get some sales on Etsy.

Sparky4 said...

I really like your new blog look! Great colors and design!