Saturday, August 15, 2009

A New Look

So, I have had the same old look to my blog for a long time. I always had so many other things to do and I never got around to actually spicing it up and honestly, I didn't care. I was okay with a simple white background and a header and then the posts. Plus, I didn't really even know if I knew how to change it - so I didn't worry about it.

Well until....tonight. (technically I guess it's morning now - but oh well.) Joey was away doing his podcast, the kids were asleep, I had finished my Friday Freebie, and some other design stuff and I was thinking that I needed to get started on my next kit - but nothing was particularly coming to me - so I opened up my Google Reader and started to catch up on my blog reading. Somehow I ended up on KevinandAmanda.com - a blog I didn't know about until today and I'm so glad that I found. Anyways, I found a post that told me how to include my Signature at the bottom of every post - up until now I was inserting it in manually - so I was very excited and I got that working and I kept reading about other things to spice up your blog and I started trying them and really getting into it. My creative mojo came and I was actually having fun. I was trying different things and really enjoying learning how to do things. And then when Joey came home I realized it was the middle of the night/early in the morning and I was just so energized by actually having creativity that I kept going and now my blog is full of color and spice! I probably had a little too much fun and I hope it's not "too much," but I am really loving the look. I love brown and the splashes of color, I love that I was able to add little dollz of my family in the header and I love my BearZ Peeking out on the left. I think this is just what I needed to do something creative outside of the regular digital scrapbook design - I think maybe I can actually get to work on my next kits....

But I suppose since it's 4:30am and Joey is sleeping (and snoring) beside me - that it can wait until tomorrow or next week. I should probably get some rest. Sorry for the rambling - but thanks for listening.

So what do you think of the new blog look?


P.S. Oh and in case you were wondering - I used pieces from my Digital 365 Kits, ScatterZ 2, and of course I customized some BearZ and DollZ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

13 comments :

TerriM said...

Love the new look. Of course anything you design is just awesome. Hugs!! (terri - hawaii)

makeyesup said...

New blog look is super, it just seems to catch your designing personality to a tee. Just goes to show that you have not lost your mojo, awesome job on this. Thanks for the beast too, he's kinda cute. Can't imagine how you selected the ones for your CT group as all the layouts are great.

michele b - mmbbear said...

Oh Dede, I LOVE your new looking blog! It's just soo cute! Love the brown with the splash of color too!

Ajila said...

DeDe, you blog looks awsome!!! LYSL xxoo

diharper said...

Love your new colorful look! I especially like the bear peeking out of the border on the left. Very cool.
Hugs, Diane
diharper
dianecropper@gmail.com

PS I'm still enjoying your "ramblings" about your lovely family.

Elaine said...

Oh, I love your new blog look! It really brightens up every thing. I think it looks awesome! Great job.

Elegantly Funky Designs said...

I love it! Looks really good. Not to much or to little added that it takes away from your posts. I love color, so this is right up my alley. And the bear is so adorable. Great job on the new look DeDe!

Anonymous said...

Your nwe blog is so great!!
Tanja

Gail said...

LOVE it - so cute with the bear peeking out at us!

Joni V said...

Love the new look DeDe. Love the colors and the dollZ and the flowers and ScatterZ overlaying the page. Great Job. Now get some sleep sweetie.

crlin said...

Oh I love it!! Gorgeous and cute blog update!!

katlen124 said...

wonderful new look. I like how you included the hubbie and kids.
I like the sides of the blog.
It all looks very DeDe!

CindyLou said...

I love the new look!! Beautifully done!! Now can you redo mine. LOL!!