Monday, July 13, 2009

Project 365: Week 28

Monday, July 6, 2009


Everyday when we take JJ to summer school we pass these fields that are filled with these thistles. I am amazed at how big they grow and even though they are actually weeds and are just nuisances, they have a bit of beauty to them too. I had to stop and get some photos of them today!


Tuesday, July 7, 2009


Growing up, my grandma's egg noodles was a special treat that we only got at Thanksgiving and possibly Christmas. My family always liked the egg noodles over mashed potatoes. Now, whenever I make her egg noodles I think of her and miss her. My Grandma lived right next door to me growing up and I saw her almost every day of my life up until she died when I was a junior in high school. I was in the mood for the egg noodles today so I whipped some up to go with the leftover mashed potatoes I had. I think it is one of the most comforting and filling foods there is! YUMMY!


Wednesday, July 8, 2009


Since we are ditching the kids this weekend we decided we needed to do a little something extra special with them so we decided to camp out on our lawn. The kids got a real kick out of the tent and we had hot dogs for dinner. It was fun to see them so delighted! Next time though we will get something to get the mosquitos to stay away! Ouch.


Thursday, July 9, 2009


We headed out today to start our anniversary getaway. Joey and I both had our ipods going and it was nice to just relax and listen to music. I don't usually do that - but it helped our trip down to go much faster. The kids were so happy to see their cousins when we got to Orderville. We spent the afternoon/evening with my sister Kori and her family. It was great to visit and play. Joey was able to offer them a little computer help too and we went out to dinner together. I really enjoy spending time with my sister and her family. We slept at Grandma's and Grandpa's house and visited with them for awhile when they got back from the ranch.


Friday, July 10, 2009


We left the kids with Grandma and headed to St. George this morning. We went through a session in the temple and it was so nice to be able to go there together. We had the opportunity to stay in an awesome penthouse condo for our weekend getaway. Although St. George was REALLY HOT - it was nice to be in an extra nice (air-conditioned) condo! We had a king size bed, jacuzzi tub, full kitchen, and a hot tub on our deck. We enjoyed lounging around in the condo that was bigger than our own trailer house! We watched some movies, took a dip in the hot tub and just relaxed and spent time together. Joey even made me food - I didn't have to cook! And that is something that is VERY RARE - he made the best pork chops for us. YUMMY! It was a really fun time!


Saturday, July 11, 2009


It has been awhile since we have been able to go to the Utah Shakespearan Festival. I feel very grateful that I am married to a man who enjoys going to plays as much (probably even more) as I do. He was into Technical Theatre big time in high school and did a lot of stage managing. So being able to see 2 plays was just a real treat. We saw Henry V on Friday night and The Secret Garden on Saturday. They were just wonderful! We also got the opportunity to see a play in the Adams Shakespearean Theatre for the first time. It is an outdoor theatre designed after the theatre that Shakespeare himself used and it was really awesome!


Sunday, July 12, 2009


We checked out and headed to Orderville today to pick up the kids. We ate lunch at Grandma's house and headed home. The kids and I napped a bit on the way home - it was extremely hot and put us all to sleep - good thing Joey stayed awake! I did look back to check on the kids as we started the trip and caught this little scene with JJ. He was all comfortable with his feet rested on the arm of the seat in front of him with a grin on his face. He had tons of fun at Grandma's and at Sink Valley, but I think he's glad to be going home! Beth wanted to stay at Grandma's too where she is spoiled to death - but it was really good to see them both and be home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :