Friday, January 23, 2009

Project 365: Week 4

Monday, January 19, 2009



The kids danced in the kitchen while I made dinner. We really like the fun songs by Laurie Berkner. "We're not perfect, no we're not. We're not perfect, but we've got what we've got. We do our very best. We do our very best. We do our very best each day. Cause we're not perfect and we hope you like us that way."


Tuesday, January 20, 2009




Yes, a historic day today. The inauguration of the United States' first African-American President. I can't say that I'm particular fond of Barrack Obama or the things he's planning to do and I wish he was a little more like say, President David Palmer (from 24), but it is a historic day. I'm not into politics and sometimes the future of our country and the people worry me sometimes. But there is one thing I can learn from President Obama and that is his motto. EMBRACE CHANGE. That is something I could use more of. The ability to not get so stressed about moving on and hanging onto my mistakes. Learn to let go and grow and learn. Yea, I could use a little more of that.


Wednesday, January 21, 2009



When Joey and I were dating we started a little tradition of squeezing each other's hands three times to silently say I-LOVE-YOU. We've shared this with our kids and there is nothing sweeter than when the kids say to us, I LOVE YOU, especially when they say it with their hands.


Thursday, January 22, 2009



Today was a great day. I love catching up and being with friends. My great friend and roomate from college, Brianne was here in Utah visiting with family. She lives in Massachusetts so we don't see her too often. She just had an adorable little girl Holly and has a 2-year-old son, Owen. JJ was at school but Beth and I went out to lunch and visited for a few hours and it was just so wonderful. I am the world's worst communicator and I don't stay in touch with my friends and family the way I should. I hate talking on the phone and I just never feel like there is much to say so I don't email or write. But I need to do better. Brianne and I were just saying that we are so grateful for blogs, so we can stay in touch with each other's lives. We've only known each other since 1997, but it feels like forever. I'm so grateful that we became roommates and that we have shared so many wonderful memories together.

Later on we had some peanut butter bars for dessert and Beth got pretty messy. She was sitting on the couch with Joey and as she held out her hands she said, "Dad, look! Now what can I do? What should I do with these?" She's just so cute! :)


Friday, January 23, 2009



Beth LOVES to stack her My Little Ponies together in all kinds of places, the table, the kitchen floor, her bed...but her favorite place is in the living room on the bookshelf. She's getting quite the collection and I haven't even pulled out my old collection for her yet. I think that's going to happen on her birthday. My sister Charity and I collected LOTS of My Little Ponies when we were little. I'm so glad I saved them so that I could give them to my daughter.


Saturday, January 24, 2009




I was woke up this morning by JJ. He was so excited to tell me what he dreamed about! He never tells us what he dreams so it was just so cute. He said, "I dreamed about bandaids....and they were ALIVE!" That's about all he said, but it made me wonder where that came from. I laughed about it all day.

I also worked on some upcoming blog train freebies today and finished 2 mini-kits that I think turned out pretty well. I need to get a whole lot more designing in than I am getting lately. I have just felt so tired for some reason. I am really having a hard time getting up in the morning. Guess I'm getting older and I need to start going to bed earlier. SIGH.

(And now you get a sneak peek at the blog train freebies that are coming in the next little while!)


Sunday, January 25, 2009



When we moved to Orem, one of the things we started doing was Sunday night dinners with my brother Cody, since he was in Orem going to Utah Valley University. Life gets so crazy and even though we lived so close to each other we just wouldn't even see each other unless we just set a time to do it. So Sunday night worked for us. When Cody started dating Becki, she began coming to our Sunday night dinners as well. I really loved spending some time with them and getting to know each other and sharing in our lives. When Cody and Becki got married, we stopped the dinners for awhile - life got hectic with Cody going to school and working, Becki working, Joey working, my designing and the kids stuff. Today we finally got our dinners started again. Now we will be having dinner on the last Sunday of every month. We will take turns having it at each other's houses. Very low-key and still great to visit and be together. We had a wonderful time at Cody and Becki's house tonight.



Here is my Week 4 Layouts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :