Thursday, December 27, 2012

Recipe Thursday - Slow Cooker Bacon Cheese Potatoes


This week's Recipe:
Nothing is better than cheesy potatoes! This is even better because you can cook it in the crockpot! Yay!  We served it as part of our breakfast for dinner meal - but it would be a great side dish for anything!



Slow Cooker Bacon Cheese Potatoes
by Camille from Six Sisters

1/4 pound bacon, diced (you can cook it first if you like, but you don't have to)
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
4 medium potatoes, cut into large cubes
1/2 pound cheddar cheese, shredded
salt and pepper
2 Tablespoons butter
green onions, thinly sliced (optional- but they are so yummy)
I also added green and red bell peppers


Line slow cooker with foil, leaving enough overlap potatoes when finished (this will help the potatoes not to stick to the edges and to help them steam. It will also keep them from getting mushy.). Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in the slow cooker. Season to taste and dot with 1 Tablespoon of butter. Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with 1 Tablespoon of butter. Overlap with remaining foil. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (or on high for 4 hours).

______________________________
Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you! I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :