Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Anniversary!

Ten years ago, today, my hubby and I went on our first date! :) We went to the movie theater and watched SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET, and went dancing in the park (in a gazebo). :) It's crazy to me that it has been 10 years. In some ways, it doesn't seem that long and in other ways, it seems longer. But I'm very happy we went on that date. That date was pretty much all it took, we were pretty much a couple from the get-go. I had my very first kiss 10 days later. A month later, we pretty much knew we would be married and 9 months later he proposed. And 16 1/2 months from our first date we WERE married in the St. George LDS Temple. A long road we have taken since then, but he is still my very best friend and I love him very much. We have had 2 children together. We have lived in 5 different places. For about 2 1/2 years (Starting in November 2004) we had to struggle with me living first with his in-laws and then my parents while he worked 5 hours away, because we couldn't even afford rent. This ended this past July when we finally were able to move up here with him. It was a long road but our relationship has stayed extremely strong and for that I am so grateful. I missed him every minute that he was away and I feel so blessed to be married to this man, who takes such good care of me and the kids. I love that he will come home from a long day at work and still give me a break and be with the kids and play with them/read to them. I love how much he is always supporting me in whatever I want to do. I love that he loves the way I cook. :) I love that he always makes me feel beautiful. I just love that we fit perfectly together in every way.

I love you Joey, thank you for being my Knight!


In other news...LOL... I'm still not feeling so good. But it's just because I can't seem to sleep. The past 3 or so nights, I haven't been able to sleep for some reason. I'm extremely tired, but just can't go to sleep. If I could actually get something done during those hours (like design stuff), I would be okay with it. But I can't seem to focus or concentrate on anything, so nothing gets done. Talk about frustration! So I hope I can get rid of this soon so I can get back on track.

Thank you all so much for your support! I love hearing from all of you and I feel like I have gained many friends and that means so much to me! My friends are scattered around the country and I don't really know enough people yet here in Orem, Utah and have not felt really close to anyone yet. So it's nice to know I have my friends in the digital scrapbook community!

I hope everyone's Wednesday is a good one! Don't forget to come to my crop at Digitals tonight at 9pm EST! See ya there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

5 comments :

Unknown said...

Hi Dede
sorry to hear you still can't sleep. I hope you get over it soon also. Happy Anniversary !!!!! Such a sweet story of your love.
I wish you two the best forever.
take care of yourself

Tabatha said...

That was a nice story of LOVE.

Hope you get to feeling better. Try Sleepy Time tea to help you sleep. It helps me a lot. It taste good too.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful story about you and your husband! Happy Anniversary of your first date!!

Sorry to hear about your sleep problems. There aren't many things worse than not being able to sleep. If you can find the time, try a nice relaxing hot bath with lavendar. A glass of warm milk can sometimes help too. I do hope you are able to get some rest soon!

Sharon Kay said...

Hi DeDe...don't know your view on this but Advil PM helps me when I have a night like that...and helps me bounce back to my old self by getting a real good night's sleep.

You are so lucky to find someone like you have. I'm very happy for you!

June F. said...

Happy Anniversary, time flies when you're having fun doesn't it?!?! Sorry you're not sleeping well hopefully you'll have a better night tongiht. I hear ya on the digi friends/real life friends. We moved last year for DH's job and I'm still looking for that close connection with someone. It'll happen, hang in there! :)