Thursday, September 4, 2014

Recipe Thursday | Bowtie Kielbasa Pasta

This week's Recipe:
I had seen a sausage pasta from Kevin and Amanda and this is basically that recipe with just a few changes! My family loved it (except for my daughter - who shunned the green onions, but liked the rest)! I really liked how it was all made in a skillet - only one pan to clean! This is definitely going into our list of go-to menus.


Bowtie Kielbasa Pasta
by DeDe Smith
Bowtie Kielbasa Pasta

Bowtie Kielbasa Pasta 

2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 lb Polska Kielbasa, sliced into chunks
1 large Onion, diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
4 cups Chicken Broth
2 (10 oz) cans Ro-Tel Tomatoes and Green Chiles, Mild
2 cups Heavy Cream
16 oz Bowtie Pasta
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper, freshly ground
2 cups Monterey Jack and Cheddar Cheese Blend, shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/3 cup Green Onions


Add your olive oil to a skillet and heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until the onions are transparent and lightly browned. Add Kielbasa and cook until browned.

Add broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender.

Once pasta is tender, stir in cheese and sprinkle with green onions. Stir and cook until cheese is melted!


______________________________
On Recipe Thursdays, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you! I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :