Thursday, August 21, 2014

Recipe Thursday | Ham 'n Potato Soup


This week's Recipe:
My husband's mom has a ham and potato soup that he LOVES.  This is my version of the soup (his mom uses only water and no onion or garlic). I like more flavor to my soups so I use chicken broth.  This soup is different than most ham and potato soups in that it is brothy instead of chowdery. Most potato soups that I know is thicker and has milk in it. So this was a great change and I actually really liked it! Serve with some french bread or rolls!


Ham 'n Potato Soup
by DeDe Smith


4 cups potatoes, diced
2 cups ham, diced
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
4 cups chicken broth
1 cube of butter
1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
1 tsp black pepper, or to taste

Place all ingredients into the crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the potatoes are done.


______________________________
On Recipe Thursdays, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you! I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!
recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :