Thursday, March 28, 2013

Recipe Thursday - Homemade Laundry Soap




This week's Recipe:
When I discovered this recipe for homemade laundry soap, I just had to try it and I love it. My clothes look clean and smell great! Plus I have saved a lot of money. It takes a little money to buy the ingredients in the first place - but this lasts A LONG TIME! It lasted just about 6 months for me.

Homemade Laundry Soap
by Jen from Blissful 55 on HowDoesShe.com  



1 (4 lb 12 oz) Box of Borax

1 (3 lb 7 oz) Box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda

1 (3 lb) Container of OxyClean

2 (14.1 oz) Bars of Zote Soap
At first I couldn't find this, but I discovered it later - so I actually used 3 (5.5 oz) bars of Fels Naptha and 1 bar of Zote

1 (4 lb) Box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda

1 (55 oz) Bottle of Purex Crystals Fabric Softener 
Keep this container - it is the perfect way to measure out your soap!


Grate zote soap with cheese grater or food processor.

Mix all ingredients together in a large bucket.

Use 2 -4 Tablespoons per laundry load.


______________________________
Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you! I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love    all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!
recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

0 comments :