Monday, February 4, 2013

The Kitchen Cooking Classes

I am so excited to introduce you to an 
amazing place in Provo, Utah! 
If you live in Utah or are coming to visit Utah - you can't miss out on these amazing cooking classes!  It's a great alternative for date night or girls night out! There are a variety of classes to choose from - taught by some fabulous chefs! 


I was lucky enough to attend a class in January taught by Rebecca Millican. My class was titled WARM DESSERTS FOR COLD NIGHTS and it was truly AMAZING! 


We received 3 great recipes for Bread Pudding, Chocolate Lava Cakes, and Apple Tarts. These desserts were so scrumptious - I'll seriously never be the same again. I have never had a bread pudding that I enjoyed - but THIS ONE - WOW! I loved it! We even learned how to make our own little individual tinfoil ramekins for cooking the tarts! I can't wait to make these again for my family!




I can't say enough good things about these classes! I loved the environment - it was a beautiful functioning kitchen and the classes were small enough that we all could see everything going on. Our instructor was so inspiring and she had a great way of explaining and answering questions. I loved hearing all the hints and tricks from a renowned chef!  

The complete highlight of my night was the extra recipe that our instructor gave us - a YUMMY Vanilla Custard Sauce that went well with everyone one of the desserts! It was SCRUMPTIOUS! I am salivating just thinking about how good it was.

And I have the best news ever - I get to share the recipe with you! Thanks to the people at The Kitchen for letting me share it! It goes so well with desserts and crepes! You gotta try it to believe it!  And you really should make it with real vanilla beans if you can - it makes it over the moon good!


Vanilla Custard Sauce

2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
6 egg yolks
1/2 vanilla bean or 1-2 tsp vanilla extract

Place the sugar and the heavy cream in a medium saucepan. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.

Place the egg yolks in a medium mixing bowl and whisk to break up.

You are going to want to temper the mixture so that the eggs don't cook. So whisk approximately half of the hot cream into the egg yolks, then return this mixture to the remaining cream in the saucepan, whisking as you pour it in.

Return the pan to the heat. Over medium heat, stir the mixture constantly with a rubber spatula. Continuously scrape the bottom of the pan to prevent any of the mixture from sticking. Cook until the mixture thickens slightly. DO NOT BOIL, or the mixture will separate!

Strain the mixture into a clean bowl and cool over a bowl of ice water.

Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days!




I can't wait to attend another class! I really encourage 
each of you to visit THE KITCHEN and 
attend one of these classes! You won't regret it! 
If you are going to a class - let me know - I would love to 
come with you and make sure you tell them I sent you!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi Dede Thanks for sharing the recipe with us. I can't wait to try it.
sound yummy
sweetheaven