Thursday, December 13, 2012

Recipe Thursday - Sausage Rigatoni


This week's Recipe:
You gotta love a good skillet meal. The pork sausage adds such a great flavor and this comes together really quickly!



Sausage Rigatoni

Salt and Pepper
1 medium size red onion cut in half and sliced into long, thick pieces.
1 pound of Mild Italian Sausage, casing removed
1 pound of rigatoni
2-3 heads of Broccoli cut into florets
1/4 cup of Olive Oil
2 crushed gloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of lemon zest
2 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of Oregano
Parmesan cheese to ones liking.


First, put a the box of pasta into boiling water that has been salted. 2-3 minutes before the pasta is done add the broccoli with the pasta and cook until tender. Make sure to save one cup of pasta water to help make the sauce.

While the pasta is cooking, cook the Italian sausage and red onion in a larger skillet until the sausage is completely cooked through. Make sure to break up the sausage with a wooden spoon.
For your sauce, whisk in a separate bowl: the crushed garlic, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and oregano.

When your pasta and sausage is cooked through add the pasta and broccoli to the same pan as the sausage and pour your olive oil mix all over and mix well. Add some of the saved pasta water to scrape up all the yummy flavor that stuck to the bottom of the pan. Add some Parmesan cheese and you're done!


______________________________
Each Thursday, I am going to be sharing a recipe with you! I will pick a recipe from my collection and I will be sharing where I got the recipe and everything. But I am going to include my own photo of the finished food, the original recipe, and try and share the things I changed when I made it!

I would love your help too! If you have a great recipe, especially week-night dinner recipes (but I would love all kinds of recipes) - please share it with me, by emailing me at dedesmith32@gmail.com. I will try it out and feature it on my blog! If you have cooking tips or anything else in regards to cooking and food - please email me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress,         Blogger...

1 comments :

Unknown said...

This looks good. I love pasta. I usually just put marina on my rigatoni but I am getting bored with it. Thanks for sharing.